Adobe Photoshop CC for Beginners
What is the target audience?
- People of any age or ability
- People from any country
- People with an interest for Photoshop
- People with an interest in photography
- People with an interest in retouching
- People with an interest in pro Photoshop Knowledge
What are the requirements?
- You only need a Photoshop "Any Version"
- Absolutely no experience is required. The course shows you exactly how to work with photoshop and become an expert!
- A notebook and pen, please!
- Use basic selection tools and edge refinement to isolate and edit parts of an image.
- Manipulate layers through ordering, positioning, scaling, rotation, and adjustments.
- Create composite images that demonstrate advanced selection and layering techniques.
- Prepare images for Web and print output with appropriate sizing and resolution.
- Apply painted masks, selection-based masks, gradient masks, and blend modes to create sophisticated image effects.
- Create adjustment layers for editable, non-destructive changes to image coloration and exposure.
- Set and modify typography using the full range of type tools, the Character panel, and the Paragraph panel.
- Apply special effects to typography using masks, paths, and layer styles.
- Use preset brushes and custom brushes to colorize images, enhance images, and build illustrations.
Custom shapes can be very useful in a variety of contexts. They can be used for logos, or commonly used to design elements of a page or poster layout. They are great for symbols, arrows and signs as well.
Magic Wand vs Quick Selection
The quick selection tool is useful for separating objects, people, or horizons from an image. Want to change the type of sky in the background? Want to extract text, or a logo from a flattened image? Want combine a great portrait photo with a different background? These are the tools you will need to begin these tasks.
Birds Eye View
Zooming in and out of large documents used to be awkward, but with Birds Eye View you will zipping around like a pro.
Learn how the Blend If function in your layers styles can make short work of removing backgrounds from an image.
With this Shape Stroke intro you will be able to add and control the Stroke (the line outside the shape) with much greater precision, particularly for things like dotted lines.
Patch Tool Content Aware
When you have a lot of individual elements that you want to be able to change as a group.
Color Splash Effect
This technique can be used for various reasons: as a selection technique, or for stylistic effects, such isolating the subject of an image, or reducing the color range of an image to just a few key colors.
As Lightroom is a great tool for organizing your photos, this technique can be useful for quick color adjustments to photos, without going into PhotoShop. But just in case the adjustments you want to make are more complex, then this will show you how to do the same thing in PhotoShop.
Non-Destructive Burning, Dodging
Use when adding highlights and shading. Particularly useful for adding depth to close-ups.
Creating Custom Brushes
Useful for customizing Photoshop to your own uses, particularly for repetitive tasks and developing unique uses.
The Ruler Tool
The straighten feature is a quick way to re-orientate an image or a photo that is crooked. This is a great tool for quickly processing architecture and retail photos.
The Crop Tool
These tools are great for changing a photos dimension, for singling out individuals from a group photo, or cutting out unwanted power lines. Also useful for changing the aspect ratios of a photo (widescreen, for example). Remember, sometimes the difference between a great picture and an amazing picture is a creative chop away.
An incredible tool for content altering. With this tool, you can move objects around, and deform or change existing elements in the image with surprising ease. Quite frankly, you are never going to believe what you see in a photo again…. Sorry about that.
Candy Cane Text Effect
Great for holiday themed messages and a good tool for creating stripes for other designs using the Define Texture feature.
Snow Covered Text Effect
Add a special effect to text for the holidays, or the effect of snow to photos or illustrations. Can be used to make snowballs, snowmen and clouds.
Neon Text Effect
This is a quick way to create an old-style-retro or futuristic neon look to your text headings. Remember, you can also use these techniques on basic shapes as well, such as hearts, road signs, or any of the basic shapes found in the Shapes Panel.
Gold 'Bling' Text Effect
Add some bling to your life. Print it cut it out and wears it around your neck for parties. Make your own EGOT! Or set up a casino in your backyard.
Editing Multiple Type Layers
When using multiple text layers for designing things like posters, and pamphlets, or more idiosyncratic projects, like comic style text bubbles, or when adding text fields over photographs. Example use would be if you were creating a series of posters that will have different color text, depending on the theme.